Beyond a‘Visual Assessment’
SVMA is regularly engaged by landlords, tenants and developers to identify how efficiently existing engineering systems are performing and to assess system condition in a more intrusive manner.
Our thorough approach allows our clients to be better informed and empowered with clear facts. We find it is imperative for operational efficiency, particularly when a ‘visual inspection only’ will not provide enough information.
Depending upon the service and the brief, we undertake validation checks measurements either directly by our own engineers or by employing a team of specialist commissioning and test engineers.
All of our engineers bring a high level of expertise and varied industry experience. We pride ourselves on our real-world approach, and most of our engineers come from a ‘hands-on’ background.
We work with our clients on an individual basis, and our validation checks measurements will be guided by their needs.
Expert and RealWorld Engineers
Our validation checks measurements include, but not limited to, the following:
- flow rates and capacity of mechanical services plant and systems
- closed water system analysis for heating and cooling systems
- non-destructive testing of pipework, pipelines and their water content
- inspection and testing of electrical distribution systems
- illuminance for general, emergency and external lighting
- fire alarm system integrity
- security system integrity
- vibration and noise analysis
- operation and the condition of controls (BMS and lighting controls)
Typical scenarios for the need of this more intrusive line of reporting include:
Establishing the exact scope of remedial works for repairs in dilapidations and refurbishment projects
Proving system performance to existing and prospective tenants
Post construction validation for BREEAM or Building Regulations
Benefits ofIntrusive Reporting
Talk to Mark Carter about this service
View our latest Lift and Escalator projects in our portfolio
As expert, accredited and competent engineers in mechanical, electrical, and public health building engineering services, we provide a full range of services, including:
- Mechanical Electrical
- Low Carbon Consultancy
- Expert Witness
- Mechanical Electrical Design
- Public Health
- Zero Carbon Design
- Cat A Refurbishment
- Cat B Fit-Out
- Dispute Resolution
- Principal Designer